Monday, September 5, 2011

"Home"

People can feel at home in different places... What is home? Is it a place where you belong Where you think you belong? Is it where you come from? For me, Israel is my home. It is a place where I feel I .belong. When I was walking down Ben Gurion Airport, I felt tears in my eyes because of my excitement in realizing I was "home".

Home is a place where you know you belong, but most importantly a place where you feel comfortable and happy. It is a place where you feel welcomed, no matter what the circumstances are. israel is seen around the world as a place of violence. I can tell you that, for me, it is a place where everyone wants peace. It is a place where there are amazing people living their life to the fullest. I can tell you that, for me, Israel is my home.
The past three days have been so amazing! I can't remember when was the last time where I felt an amazing feeling of excitement for something to start. First, all the things that we're doing as a group.: The talks, the ice-breakers, the volunteer coordinators talk. Everything has been amazing. But today I realized something more important than that. We went to the desert to hear the silence ad to see the amazing sorroundings. it was amazing to be there. I felt an amazing peace. I just wrote things down, answered questions that were in an envelope, and laid down to look at nature. We had a talk after and Niran made an amazing tea. Then, we went to a pool BBQ party. We played volleyball ( I missed my BFF Jesi) and just got the chance to hang out by the pool.

The people are awesome! Today we got our room assignments and I love my room. I am living with Niran, Sam, and Sofi. They are all awesome people, but Sam and I really get along great! And We have many things in common, like soccer! I am very lucky to have come on a program with such amazing people.

Everything that we've done has been great! I'm so excited to start the Ulpan classes and the volunterring. Even though I miss home, I am so happy to have this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment